UALC Resource Sharing Committee Charge
Resource Sharing : Charge to the Committee
To maximize library resources on behalf of the faculty, staff, students and emeriti of the UALC member libraries by improving efficiencies and access in resource sharing, exploring new solutions, monitoring best practices and creating policies and procedures.
- Oversee statewide agreements on Reciprocal Circulation
- Oversee statewide agreements on Interlibrary Lending
- Develop and adopt standards and best practices
- Explore and address new developments related to resource sharing
- Improve methods of delivering content and materials
- Monitor developments in eBook lending. Determine the effects on statewide borrowing / lending. Find out what technologies are being used to access eBooks. Compare collections, costs and usage.
- Exchange information on Purchase On Demand activity (PDA) in UALC libraries. Compare products, procedures and policies. Look at data on usage and cost.
- Identify new ways that resource sharing can improve across the state.
- Maintain an updated list of member libraries.
- Link to UALC Reciprocal Circulation web site for accurate information regarding hours of service, and service desk telephone numbers at member libraries.
Reviewed and Accepted by UALC Council 7/31/15
Draft revisions 7/9/16