Through UALC’s collective work, all people of Utah will benefit from strong academic libraries. We provide equitable access to the library resources that students need to succeed in higher education and support research that improves lives and strengthens communities. We facilitate opportunities to engage in lifelong learning.
The Utah Academic Library Consortium (UALC) is the cooperative organization for academic libraries in the state of Utah. By working collectively and sharing resources, UALC provides equitable access to high-quality and cost-effective information resources, research infrastructure, and support services. Our work advances educational and research outcomes and improves the quality of life across the state.
UALC promotes equitable access to higher education by removing barriers and helping students from all races, ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds succeed in high quality academic programs across the state.
UALC strengthens local communities through educational and cultural resources, programming, and partnerships that help all Utah residents learn where they live.
UALC fosters collaborative relationships with stakeholders, partners, and all Utah academic library employees in order to create high-quality, sustainable, and cost-effective programs with the highest impact possible.
1. Review and renew consortial subscriptions.
2. Review UALC membership requirements in light of technical colleges added to Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) with the potential for a legislative request for funding to support these new schools.
3. Maintain awareness of and investigate statewide OER strategies with the potential for a legislative request to support these efforts.
1. Assist MWDL with marketing to our communities over social media.
1. Assess and revise the UALC governance and operations structure to better align committees, task forces, and UALC Council work with strategic priorities.
2. Implement an assessment and reporting plan covering all UALC activities that supports statewide retention, completion, and equity plans, and that communicates the role that academic libraries play in strengthening institutions across the Utah higher education system.
3. Implement a UALC budget strategy that aligns with the USHE strategic plan.